||School of Pharmacy and Graduate Institute
Academic & Hospital appointment experience
- 2008 Philosophy of Doctor (Ph.D.) in Pharmacy Administration, College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at Chicago.
- 2006 Doctoral Candidate, Department of Pharmacy Administration. University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 2003 Doctoral Student, Department of Pharmacy Administration.University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- 1999 Intensive Care Clinical pharmacist bedside training of Fellowship program in University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1998 Master of Science degree in pharmacy (MS).National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan,
Major: Hospital Pharmacy
- 1996 Bachelor of science degree in pharmacy (B.S) , China Medical University, Taichung, Taiwan
- 2008~present Assistant professor in school of pharmacy, College of Pharmacy, CMU
- 2008~present Supervising Pharmacist in Department of Pharmacy, CMUH.
- 2000~2002 Lecturer in school of pharmacy, China Medical College (Ministry of Education Certificated)
- 2000~2002 Supervisor of Drug information center /Clinical pharmacist in CMCH
- 1998~2000 Fellowship in school of pharmacy in National Taiwan University
|Fields of Specialty
||Clinical Pharmacy & Pharmacotherapy, Evidence-based Pharmacy, Research method in clinical pharmacy/health service research
||Outcomes research (e.g., humanistic outcomes [health-related quality of life]); Health Services Research; Pharmacy Systems Evaluation; Evaluation of Educational Program on Pharmacy and Medication Use for the Public, Particularly Self-Care Management (i.e., Dietary Supplements); Pharmacoepidemiology
- Establish the Center for Medication Educational Resources [Central Region]). Department of Health Grant; 2008 (NT:400, 000)]
- Education of Patient Counseling. Department of Health 2009 (NT:400,000)
- Outcomes research of medication use among the elderly-analysis of medication use patterns. CMU hospital grant (DMR-99-140).2009 (NT:100,000)
- Exploring factors associated pharmacists’ and pharmacy students’ involvement of medication-related counseling in Taiwan. CMU New faculty Grant (CMU97-298); 2009 (NT:400,000)
- Development and assessment of a cooperative medication therapy management model for poly pharmacy in elderly, Department of Health Grant (DOH098-TD-D-113-098011). 2009.3~2011.2 (NT1991,570)
- Pharmacists’ Provision of Pharmaceutical Care and Professional Training in Taiwan: Patient Medication Counseling. CMU new faculty grant. (CMU98-N2-17); 2010 (NT:4000,000)
- Outcomes research of medication use among patients at high risks of medication-related misadventure (I)-older patients NSC grant; (NSC 99-2320-B-039-031-MY3) 2010-2013 (NT:2,700,000)
- Effectiveness and health economic evaluation for lung cancer screening (NSC 98-2314-B-039-014-MY3). National Science Council 2009.8~2012.7 ( NT 1,133,000) (PI: Dr. Chun-Ru Chien)
- A Pilot Study of The Assessment of Esophageal Cancer Patients' Burden of Illness CMU hospital grant (DMR-98-009)2009 (NT340,000) (PI: Dr. Lin Jen Yen )
- International Collaborations of Clinical Pharmacy Education. Department of Health 2009 ( NT 3,000,000) (PI: Dr. Weng-Foung Huang )
- International Collaborations of Clinical Pharmacy Education. Department of Health 2010 ( NT 1,500,000) (PI: Dr. Weng-Foung Huang )
- Lin HW, Pickard AS, Mahady GB, Karabatsos G, Crawford S.Y. Popovich, NG. An instrument to evaluate patient counseling provision on herbs and dietary supplements. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2010 (SCI) (Accepted on July 23, 2010)
- Pickard AS, Shaw JW, Lin HW, Trask PC, Aaronson N, Lee TA, Cella D. Patient-Based Utility Measure of Health for Clinical Trials of Cancer Therapy Based on the European Organization for the Research and Treatment of Cancer Quality of Life Questionnaire, VALUE IN HEALTH，2009 ;12(6):977-988 (SCI)
- Pickard AS, Lin HW, Knight SL, Sharifi R, Wu Z, Hung SY, Witt, WP, Chang CH, Bennett CL. Proxy assessment of health-related quality of life in prostate cancer: perspective matters. Medical Care 2009;47(2):176-183 (SCI)
- Chen FN,Lee Chao PD, Hsieh CL, Lin CC, Chiang HM, Lin HW, Chu HH, Tsai WC, Hou YC, Hung BLSurvey on Adult Behavior and Medication of Chinese and Western on the Outpatients of a Medical Center in Mid-Taiwan, Int Chin West Med 2008;10(2):1-14
- Lin HW, Pickard AS, Mahady GB, Popovich, NG. The development of a measure to assess pharmacists’ knowledge of herbal and dietary supplements. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education 2008; 72(3): Article 59. (SCI)
- Lin HW, Salmon JW. Extension of pharmacy practice in Taiwan. Journal of Pharmaceutical Finance, Economics & Policy 2007; 16(2):21-42
- Pickard AS, Wilke C, Lin HW, Lloyd A. Impact of cancer on Health Related Quality of Life: Evidence using the EQ-5D. Pharmacoeconomics 2007; 25(5): 365-384 (SCI)
- Lin HW, Phan K, Lin SJ. Trends in off-label beta-blocker Use. Clinical Therapeutics 2006; 28(10):1736-1746. (SCI)
- Huang YM, Wang HP, Yang Kao YH, Lin SJ, Lin HW, Chen CS, Wu Lin FL. Effects of a national education program on the medication knowledge of the public in Taiwan. Annals of Pharmacotherapy 2006; 40:102-8. (SCI)
- Lin HW, Tsai HY. A pilot study of practicability of learning material for problem-based learning in clinical pharmaceutical care for hospital pharmacists. Formosa Journal of Clinical Pharmacy 2005; 12(3): 1-14.
- Lin HW, Hsu NY, Shih CS, Lin CC, Nieh YA, Tsai HY. Cyclosporine C2 monitoring in single lung transplantation: report of four cases. 2002. Mid Taiwan Journal of Medicine 2002; 7(4):234-43.
- Lin HW. Therapeutic monitoring of cylcosporine for single lung transplantation. The Journal of Pharmacy 2001; 17(2): 11-20.
- Lin HW, Kuo SH. Patient education of asthma. Formosan Journal of Medicine 1999; 3(4):470-3
- Lin HW. Wu RS, Lin MT, Chen WJ. Zinc: An important trace element. Formosan Journal of Medicine 1998; 2(2):226-8
- Lin HW, Kuo SH. Health care provider’s knowledge in the use of inhaled medication. Thoracic Medicine 1998; 13:171-7.